Monday, June 14, 2010

Stars - The Five Ghosts

Review
Stars The Five Ghosts
Indie Pop
2010

1. Dead Hearts
2. Wasted Daylight
3. I Died So I Could Haunt You
4. Fixed
5. We Don't Want Your Body
6. He Dreams He's Awake
7. Never Been Good With Change
8. The Passenger
9. The Last Song Ever Written
10. How Much More

11. Winter Bones

5/5

This was definitely one of my most anticipated albums of the year. Listening to it still feels like a dream, and hearing Amy/Torquil's voices again feels every bit as good as I was hoping. In my opinion the album starts very strong and kind of loses steam in the second half, but there's just something about them (it's probably the voices) that makes even their most boring songs stand out in some way or another. From my first impressions, "Wasted Daylight" is my favorite.

No comments: