Sunday, April 18, 2010

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles (2nd)

Review
Crystal Castles Crystal Castles (2nd)
Electronic/Chip-tune/Glitch/???
2010

1. Fainting Spells
2. Celestica
3. Doe Deer
4. Baptism
5. Year of Silence
6. Empathy
7. Suffocation
8. Violent Dreams
9. Vietnam
10. Birds
11. Pap Smear
12. Not In Love
13. Intimate
14. I Am Made of Chalk

5/5!!!

Okay, who cares if Crystal Castles are weird and Claudio is the biggest douche and whatever whatever. When I heard that they were releasing a new album, all I asked for was that they take 'Magic Spells' and make that song like 12 more times. In other words, I was expecting to be disappointed... But somehow, I am not!

The album starts off kind of weird with Celestica being surrounded by the scratchy, glitchy Fainting Spells and Doe Deer which aren't really too great (Doe Deer is pretty catchy though). But then the rest of the album is good and it gets better. It's has a glitcher, more lo-fi feel than the first which is perfectly fine, and it leans more toward the rolling, melodic electronica/chiptune that I loved from them. And 'Suffocation' is the 'Magic Spells' replacement I was looking for! Hell yes!


(All of my videos were taken down, this is the last one standing)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know when they're releasing their new album? How did you get a hold of it?! :D

Aaron said...

Digital Release is now April 23rd / Physical Release May 24

Pushed up because it leaked online...

Anonymous said...

alright thanks.

Yeah I've seen people commenting on YouTube & debating on whether they should leak it on piratebay or whatever.